Happy day before Thanksgiving! Test your knowledge of the holiday.
Answer True or False to the following 9 questions. I'll post the answers tomorrow so you can see how well you did!
True or False
- Thanksgiving is held on the final Thursday of November each year.
- One of America's Founding Fathers thought the turkey should be the national bird of the United States.
- In 1863, Abraham Lincoln became the first American president to proclaim a national day of thanksgiving
- Macy's was the first American department store to sponsor a parade in celebration of Thanksgiving.
- Turkeys are slow-moving birds that lack the ability to fly.
- Native Americans used cranberries, now a staple of many Thanksgiving dinners, for cooking as well as medicinal purposes
- The movement of the turkey inspired a ballroom dance.
- On Thanksgiving Day in 2007, two turkeys earned a trip to Disney World.
- Turkey contains an amino acid that makes you sleepy