First some business. If you aren't a part of my Motley crew then you may not have heard that I've just signed a contract with EChristian publishing to have my pirate series put back in print (In case you haven't noticed you can only buy used copies online and stores no longer carry them) EChristian will also have the books placed in E-book form on ALL the popular venues, including just reading it on your computer. As you may also have remembered, my last publisher, Barbour, took the pirate books out of print shortly after The Restitution was released. They told me sales had dwindled and they didn't feel pirates were popular any more. At the time, it broke my heart because I didn't feel the books had run their course.
Anyway, as a result of this contract, I've been re-editing the books... going through them and tightening up the writing a bit as they were the first books I wrote and the writing was a bit scraggly, if ye know what I mean. But, I've enjoyed the stories all over again! In fact, they've given me a taste for pirate tales again. Unfortunately, I have 4 more books to write before I can head back to the Caribbean. But I hope to do so in the future.
My road to good health!
Many of you may not know that I'm a bit of a health freak. Well, let's just say it was forced upon me due to my body being so genetically incapable of handling stress or junk food. After I turned 50, I started having all sorts of problems, not the least which was a rapid weight gain. I went to several nutritionists, a homeopathic doctor and a real doctor, but no one was able to help. So I did my own research. I changed my eating habits and I lost 10 pounds so far as well as helped some other things, such as insomnia and hot flashes. I know many of you are young out there, but it's not too late to take care of yourself.
Here's a brief summar of what I did.
- Each morning I make a protein shake from Pumpkin seed powder, but you can use any good quality protein shake powder. I add Flax seed oil, Kefer, a scoop of Green Vibrance (An excellent green food with lots of vits and minerals), Coconut milk, hazelnut milk and frozen pineapples. (Yum!)
- For lunch: Tuna, almond butter and jelly, or a salad with some kind of protein: nuts or chicken or shrimp
- Snack: Every day I always eat 1 apple, carrot sticks, and raw nuts
- Dinner: The important thing here is to have a protein and a carb. And always add fresh veggies
- As much as possible, always eat organic veggies and fruits
- As much as possible, purchase organic free rannge beef and chicken and fresh fish
- Eat your veggies and fruit raw instead of frozen or canned or cooked.
- Every day eat 1/2 of a large red beet. I steam them and add butter and salt. Yummy
- Avoid sugar. Eat a minium of dairy.
- Eat as much salt (Celtic sea salt is full of important minerals) and real butter as you want.
- Sweeten drinks and food with raw, organic honey. Honey is really good for you!
- Stay away from processed foods and high-glycemic carbs
Anyway, I feel great! I'm sleeping better. And I'm continuing to lose weight. Oh, I also might mention that I do exercise. Not much.. but I do walk about 40 minutes a day. I don't think you can really lose weight and feel good without some sort of exercise.
Anyway, I thought this might help someone out there. Hope it does!