First of all, if you happen upon this article, I'm NOT a Scientist. I'm a romance novelist. However, I do have a Bachelors Degree in Math and Computer Science and worked as an Engineer for 15 years. Yes, I agree, an odd career transition. Anyway, this will not be a detailed Scientific post. My goal is to show that many many Scientists are now leaping off the Evolution train. Where are they landing? In the middle of the field, I expect, because many are not willing to climb aboard the God train yet.
Before I continue, let me list some reasons why I believe Evolution is false. (I'm not talking about micro-evolution here which is the transformation within a species as it adapts to its environment)
1. There are no monkey men. Is it just me but if humans evolved from monkeys wouldn't we see some half-monkey, half-human creatures running around? What about half-one creature, half-another of anything? What about the fossil record? Shouldn't there be millions of transitional fossils that show one species transforming into another. We have zero. IN fact no one has ever observed macro-evolution take place in the laboratory or in nature.
Stephen Jay Gould, professor of geology and palentology at Harvard: “The absence of fossil evidence for intermediary stages between major transitions in organic design, indeed our inability, even in our imagination, to construct functional intermediates in many cases, has been a persistent and nagging problem for gradualistic accounts of evolution.”
Evolutionist Stephen M. Stanley of Johns Hopkins University: “In fact, the fossil record does not convincingly document a single transition from one species to another.”
2. The Sudden appearance of complex life in the fossil record. (Hmm. As if they were created all of a sudden)
3. DNA. In Darwin's time they had no idea DNA existed. Most of us have no idea how complex DNA is. Without going into detail, DNA is like three dimensional computer code. As a computer programmer, I can appreciate the complexity and intelligence required to write code that a computer processor can understand and then preform. DNA is thousands of times more complex than a computer program and it contains all the code our bodies need to do all the functions it needs to survive.
4. The complexity of the human cell. Another thing Darwin had no clue of. The human cell is like a tiny factory, complete with assembly line, workers, machines, production, quality control, and foremen! It's amazingly complex unit of information and production. Don't believe me? Here's a 4 minute video.
5. Our planet is so incredibly fine-tuned that even the slightest deviation would not allow life to survive. Here's just a couple examples
If the neutron were not about 1.001 times the mass of the proton, all protons would have decayed into neutrons or all neutrons would have decayed into protons, and therefore life would not be possible. How can we account for this?
If gravity was stronger or weaker by the slimmest of margins, then life sustaining stars like the sun could not exist. This would also make life impossible. How can we account for this?
6. Irreducible complexity. All that means is that complex organs and systems within our body could not have evolved into what they are today without all their operating parts in tact at a single point in time. In other words, the human eye could never have evolved from an organ of simpler structure into an human eye. All the parts of the human eye have to be there at one time in order for the eye to work.
Which evolved first: blood, the heart, or the blood vessels for the blood to travel through?
Which evolved first: the mouth, the stomach, the digestive fluids, or the ability to poop?
Which evolved first: the windpipe, the lungs, or the ability of the body to use oxygen?
Which evolved first: the bones, ligaments, tendons, blood supply, or the muscles to move the bones?
In order for blood to clot, more than 20 complex steps need to successfully be completed. How in the world did that process possibly evolve?
7. Evolution requires that living creatures change into other living creatures of higher intelligence and abilities. Yet all we see is chaos around us. What happens to a fruit left over time? What happens to your bedroom if you don't clean it? Do things become more ordered? Does the fruit remain ripe and fresh? In fact the universe itself is expanding and growing colder and colder. It is running out of energy. So, tell me. If the Big Bang is true and the universe was created by a huge explosion and then it formed into neat little solar systems with planets and life and order and beauty.. why is it now degrading?
Had enough? There are many other reasons to NOT believe in Evolution. So, why are we still teaching it in schools and universities? Why do many Scientists still adhere to it when it's so blatantly false?
Because to deny Evolution would be a career breaker. Scientists who do not believe in Evolution are ostracized from Scientific communities, spurned, denied funding for science projects.
As Harvard Professor Richard Lewontin said:
We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, . . . in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated commitment to materialism. . . . we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counterintuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.
So why am I going through all this? Most of you reading this will probably agree with me. My reasons are this: You will see in the near future that many Scientists will, indeed, jump off the Evolution Train. After all the evidence against it, they are going to have to. But you are also going to see many of them turn to the cosmos for the answers. Since they can't possible consider the existence of God, they will be looking for extraterrestrial beings of high intelligence out there somewhere. Beings who they believe put life, including us, here on earth.
Stephen Hawking has joined in this effort, the well-known Scientists has invested a whopping 100 million in his search for intelligent life outside our world. Amazing what people will do to avoid belief in God.
I'll end with this quote from ASA scientist (and agnostic) Dr. Robert Jastrow (1925-2008): “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountain of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”
Have a great weekend!