But we have to answer His call when He calls. So many people ask me how to discover God's will for your life. It's easy. God wants you to know what He wants you to do. He's not trying to hide it. May I suggest that the problem is on our end? Here's some reasons why we may not know God's will for our lives.
- It's not time yet for you to know. You're not ready to do the task He has for you. (You need more time in God's boot camp!)
- Disobedience - willful sin in your life
- Rebellion - not fully surrendered to God
- Not walking closely with the Lord - You can't hear Him if you don't know Him. You can't hear Him if you don't spend time with Him.
- Faith - You have to believe God will show you when the time comes
- Complaining too much. What was the one thing besides sin that kept the children of Israel out of the promised land?
- You aren't answering the phone! Maybe God has already told you but you don't like what He said. Like Jonah, you're running away.
Six years ago, I felt very strongly that God wanted me to write a story about a Christian Pirate. Lots of people around me thought I was nuts. I had never written a book before. I had no training, no skills, and I didn't know anyone in the publishing industry. But I did it. I answered the call. If I hadn't, I don't know what I'd be doing today.
So, do yourself a favor. Check your heart. Trust God, and answer Him when He calls you!