This week I have two questions from Emma! And then I have some questions for you!!
Emma asks: I know that you have said before that you are a health food nut, and I was curious about what types of food do you normally make for yourself? What are your favorite things to eat?
Okay, probably to most of the country, I'm a health food nut, but out here in California, there are a lot of nuts running around! I'll tell you what a typical day's diet is for me.
- Organic coffee with organic cream and Xylitol sweetener
- Breakfast; 1 fruit/veggie smoothie ( Organic orange or apple, organic berries, organic coconut milk, Kefir, kale, spinach and Spirutein) Yum!
- Mid morning snack: Handful of almonds or some fruit
- Lunch: Organic yogurt or Gluten free bread with organic Peanut butter and jam
- Afternoon snack: Organic corn tortilla chips with organic avocado (10 or so) or Popcorn!
- Dinner: I always eat a good sized bowl of green salad with all kinds of organic veggies in it, including broccoli and cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers, mushrooms, peppers.. whatever I have around. Then I have a piece of whatever meat I'm cooking for my hubby. I buy only Grass fed, hormone free beef and free range chicken and wild fish. I also love Sweet potatoes and Yams, rice, and corn pasta. Sometimes I'll make spaghetti or homemade soup or meatloaf.. hamburgers, natural hotdogs, tacos.. pretty much the normal stuff, but I make it with mostly organic ingredients.
- Dessert: This is where I cheat. I usually grab a cookie, brownie or piece of chocolate. But only 1!
I drink lots of water during the day. I never drink soda or fruity drinks. In the winter I'll drink tea.
I also take a tablespoon of Acidophilus after dinner.
My favorite things to eat are chocolate and popcorn!! Or Cake. I love any kind of cake!! I'm looking forward to the Wedding cake in Heaven at the great feast!
So there you have it!! The truth of the matter is I really enjoy all these healthy foods, so it's not a huge problem for me to eat them. Don't get me wrong I do love a good burger and fries now and then. I just don't eat them very often!
Emma asks: I was also curious what Christian songs and hymns happen to be your favorite? My favorite Christian bands are Third Day and Kutlass. But honestly, I don't listen to Christian Radio very much so I"m not up with the latest and greatest. I love the old Hymns like "Holy holy holy, Lord God Almighty. Early in the Morning, my song shall rise to thee!" Do you know that one? And my all time favorite hymn is "Amazing Grace". I cannot sign that without crying!
So what about you?
What is the healthiest thing you eat on a regular basis
What is your favorite thing to eat?
What is your favorite Christian song? (either a popular tune or an old hymn)