I've been walking with God now for 20 years and I can honestly say that when I look back on those years, they have been full of crazy surprises, thrilling mountaintop adventures, difficult valleys, dry deserts and lush forests! Hanging with God is one wild ride! People who don't know Him, who don't walk side by side with Him, are really missing out. Jesus promised that if we truly followed Him, we'd have an abundant life and He wasn't kidding. I said abundant, not easy.
Some of the highlights of the past 10 years
- My husband and five of our children became believers (prior to that, it was just me)
- God moved me from being a computer programmer to a published novelist. (total miracle!)
- I have now written 15 novels and two novellas. Amazing!
- My eldest daughter got married!
- I went to Jamaica for the first time
- 5 kids graduated from college!
- We bought a house
- God saved my marriage
- God healed my shoulder
- Celebrated my Mom's 80th birthday with a family reunion
Things I'm looking forward to (God-willing) in 2014!
- My first grand daughter will be born!
- My first self-published book is set to release in March (Can you say Pirate sequel?)
- Abandoned Memories, the third book in my Escape to Paradise series is releasing in July
- I have a Christmas novella coming out next Christmas
- I'm traveling to Tennessee to visit family in May
- There are some Christian films releasing that I'm looking forward to. Namely, Heaven is Real (we saw the previews of this in the theater and I was shocked), Left Behind, and Noah. I know these may not be strictly Biblical films, but I think it's a great step toward getting people interested in the Bible
- This is a tetrad (four blood moon) year, which is very significant prophetically so I'm excited to see what God will be doing.
Of course these are the things I think will happen. God may have other ideas. Plus, He always has Surprises in store for me!!
The thing is, the thing I want you to know is that God is incredible! There's nothing He can't do. Yes, life is tough and we all struggle. People get sick, some die, we lose jobs, we worry about our kids, relationships break, money is tight, and sometimes we wonder where God is. I'm here to tell you, He's with you. He loves you. And the best thing you can do in 2014 is completely submit to Him, hang out with Him, get to know Him. And then hang on. Cause it's going to get crazy wild! In a good way.
So, how about you? What are you looking forward to in 2014?